Peanut Butter Temptations

This recipe was given to me by a co-worker. I mentioned that I made brownies stuffed with Reese Cups and she insisted I try these. They are sooo good, it's amazing. The original recipe came from Southern Living Magazine. I haven't been able to find the original recipe online, but I found plenty of variations.

Below is one variation. I hope you enjoy!



Prep Time - 20-30 minutes
Cooking Time - 10-12 minutes
Yields - 2-4 dozen

1/2 cup butter or margarine softened
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar firmly packed
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
24-48 minature Reeses peanut butter cup candies

Cream butter & peanut butter in mixer. Gradually add sugar beating until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla. Combine flour, soda, salt in a separate bowl then add to cream mixture.

Chill dough 1 hour.

Shape dough into 24-48 (1 inch) balls; place in lightly greased (sprayed with Pam) small cup muffin pan (1 3/4 inch) and press each ball into a shell

Bake @ 350 for 10-12 minutes. I baked these goodies for 12 minutes, but I think 10 minutes would have been better. They came out a little brown.

Remove from oven and immediately press a miniature peanut butter cup into the hot crust.

Cool before removing from pan.

Check these out:
















Soo good looking! My muffin pan holds 2 dozen, so I froze one half of the dough to save for another time.

Happy Cooking!!

~J

No comments:

Post a Comment