Homemade Chips

I'm sure you've heard of Hungry Girl, right? If not, you definitely need to check out her recipes online or one of her many cookbooks. She also offers a daily newsletter with all kinds of healthy eating tips, recipes and more.

I stumbled across the recipe awhile back and made it several times when I was single but never for Paul, and I have no clue why. We both love chips and salsa.

Since I've been shopping, cooking and eating at home as much as possible since late December, I decided it was time to start making more snack foods too.

Here's a great little snack that's also low in Weight Watchers points.



Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 8 minutes
Adapted From: HungryGirl

Ingredients:
2 small corn tortillas
Dry taco seasoning mix (I use about 3 tablespoons)
Nonstick Cooking Spray

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Cut each tortilla in half. Cut each half into three triangles. Arrange tortilla triangles close together on a baking sheet. Cover triangles with a light amount of the nonstick cooking spray. Flip triangles over. Follow the same step.

Bake for 4 minutes. Carefully flip triangles over on the sheet.

Bake in the oven for an additional 4 minutes until chips are crispy.

Makes 1 serving.

Happy cooking!

~J

No comments:

Post a Comment