Crab Stuffed Mushrooms

At any given point since late December, I can open my fridge and find it's packed. And not with over-processed junk but with tons of fresh veggies and ingredients that are just calling to me. And my jeans thank me. In any case, I have a ton of mushrooms and needed to find ways to use them up. I did a search through some of my favorite websites and came across an adapted recipe for crab stuffed mushrooms. I went seeking the original recipe but decided I too needed to change things up a bit. The end result made for a yummy and super easy treat. I made these beauties for dinner, but they would be great to serve as an appetizer. Since crab meat can be pricey, I wouldn't recommend these as something to bring to every party, but once in awhile they can be a fun addition!



Prep Time - 20-30 minutes
Cooking Time - 20-30 minutes
Adapted From - Paula Deen

Ingredients:
1 cup crabmeat

1/2 cup cream cheese (1/2 brick)
1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped - I omitted this because I didn't have any!
1/4 cup green onions, chopped
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Pepper
4 tablespoons Parmesan - I used a parmesan/romano mix
Crab boil (aka Old Bay Seasoning) for tasting - any amount you like
2 portobello mushroom caps, or 10-15 white mushrooms caps or baby bellas
1/8 cup bread crumbs
Nonstick cooking spray

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Soften the cream cheese. While oven is warming, chop green onions. Top with salt and pepper and cook over medium heat until slightly warmed/softened.

Clean mushrooms by removing stems and spooning out some of the edging to make room for the mixture.

Combine the crabmeat, cream cheese, parsley, green onions and parmesan cheese. Add crab boil, to taste (I like a lot, so I used a lot). Stuff the mushroom caps with the mixture. Top with additional crab boil and bread crumbs (I would probably use less breakcrumbs the next time). Spray the tops with nonstick spray to help them brown. Transfer to the oven and bake for about 20-30 minutes, or until the filling is hot and melted.

Depending on how you like to eat these beauties, you could serve them with cocktail sauce or another type of dip. However, they are also yummy just by themselves.

Enjoy!

~J

No comments:

Post a Comment